Tuesday 7 October 2014

CIABATTA




This week I'm bringing you another recipe from the Great British Bake Off, ciabatta loaves. I have used Paul's recipe from the BBC, adding some of my own tips.

 
Ciabatta requires a wet dough and this is best achieved in a mixer and so my Kenwood came into play.

Ingredients:
- 400g strong bread flour
- 1 sachet yeast
- 300ml water
- 30ml olive oil, plus more for oiling
- Semolina for dusting


To make this you simply place all ingredients into the mixer with the dough hook attachment and leave to knead for about 10 minutes.

Once kneaded tip into a square oiled plastic food container to rise at room temperature with the lid on. This should take well over an hour and the dough should of doubled in size.

Sprinkle the semolina on your surface and tip the dough out onto it, cut and shape your dough into two equal pieces and place on baking sheets. Cover and leave to rise for 30 minutes more.


Whilst rising, preheat your oven to 210oC and then bake for 25 minutes.


I hope you enjoy baking this, be sure to show me your bakes by using the hashtag #bakewithrachel, tomorrow I'll be showing you some ways to use your Ciabatta.

Rachel XO

No comments:

Post a Comment